All the plates have the text
DRAWN ON STONE BY H.C.BRANDLING
M. & N. HANHART IMPT
LONDON, RICHARD BENTLEY, 1851

Michael and N. Hanhart were litho printers of 64 Charlotte St, Fitzroy Square

 

Facing p193
Tol Peden Penwith

'the towering promontory, called "Tol-Peden-Penwith," or, "The Holed Headland on the Left."'
Ch.X p.193

Facing p.268 Lanherne

The House of Lanhearne, near Mawgan, is still a Carmelite monastery for nuns. More information on its website

"There is an unbroken, unworldly tranquility about this secluded place."
Ch.XIV p265

Facing p.280 Tintagel

"an ancient ruin magnificently situated on a precipice overhanging the sea, and romatically, if not historically, reputed as the birth-pace of the hero of many a magic tale--King Arthur."
Ch.XV p280


All material on these pages is Paul Lewis 1997-2000