QUIZ - revised and harder!
- What is the longest number between 1 and 2000 when depicted in Roman numerals?
- How much higher than 2000 must you look to find a longer one?
- What English words are also correctly formed Roman numbers?
- There are seven letters used as Roman numerals I, V, X, L, C, D, and M.
- How many valid Roman numbers can be made using these seven letters just once each?
- What is the smallest?
- What is the biggest?
- How many English words can you make using only letters from the Roman numeral alphabet - C D I L M V X? (each letter can be used more than once or not at all)
- What is the lowest value Roman number with 6 characters between 1 and 2000?
- What is the highest?
- Find seven five-letter English words using only letters from the Roman numeral alphabet
- How many of these seven can be rearranged into valid Roman numbers?
- What is the biggest and the smallest of these numbers?
- I married Lisa in Acton church. What year was our wedding?
Roman numeral quiz version 1.1, 10 Jan 1999
All material on these pages is © Paul Lewis 1999-2005